Fire In the Soul

Fire In the Soul
"Fire In the Soul" From the Merka series in The Elves of the Woodland Realm

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Let Them Eat Cake!

As a hobby and just because I like cake, I have over the years tried my hand at various cake and cupcake artistry. I've had no formal training, but any opportunity I get to try something new or perfect a technique I go for it.

Here are some things I have tried.
R2D2 cake for my kid'd Star Wars birthday party 2009
Little Mermaid birthday party 2008
Strawberry themed 1st birthday party 2009
Candy themed birthday party 2010
A beer and donut birthday cake for my husband 2010
Some homemade, hand picked apple pies just for the heck of it. 2010
Traditional primary color birthday cake 2011
Gluten free individual cheese cake for a vintage
Alice In Wonderland birthday party 2012
Tiny regular cheese cakes for party guests
Butterfinger Cupcakes 2013
Butter cake filled with homemade caramel, frosted with vanilla buttercream, and garnished with a mini Butterfinger candy bar and Butterfinger crumbles, drizzled with homemade caramel sauce. One of my most popular flavors.



Lego man head cupcakes for an at school birthday party

Under the Sea birthday party 2013


Irish Car Bomb cupcakes. Dark chocolate Guinness cupcake, filled with a Jameson Irish Whiskey infused chocolate, iced with a Bailey's Irish Cream frosting, garnished with a dark chocolate shamrock.
Griffin House annual St. Patrick's Day party 2014
All of my cakes, cupcakes and pies are homemade from scratch. No boxed or canned anything. Mostly because of the allergies we have to food additives, and homemade just tastes better.
I have more photos, but they are from my pre-digital camera days, and some I just flat out can't find. I will see if I can find them and get them posted.

















No comments:

Post a Comment