Fire In the Soul

Fire In the Soul
"Fire In the Soul" From the Merka series in The Elves of the Woodland Realm

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Working on Tirith

I have at the least 2 more session to complete my Elves of the Woodland Realm series. Right now I am working on Tirith. He is a guardian of the Wood, an archer.

I am using L200 foam for his armor. This is the first time I have worked with it and I LOVE it!

First I made patters for the pieces I wanted with thin kraft paper.



Then I cut the pieces out and drew out the lines where I wanted the "metal" to look engraved and added the brads as little studs to the "metal". L200 foam, when heated keeps what ever form you shape it in. So I heated each piece with my heat gun and shaped all of the pieces.

I then attached all of the pieces how I wanted them and painted a coat of watered down craft glue on it so the paint would not get absorbed into the foam and it would have a smoother finish. 

Now it's time for a few coats of gold spray paint. I wanted bronze, but couldn't find it and didn't have time to order it online. I am in a bit of a time crunch to get this done before we move so my back ground is the same as it is in the other sessions.





The finished piece is amazing. I aged the piece and added leather straps so it would stay on the shoulder even when running and using a bow and arrow.



His entire costume was designed and sewn by me. It will be available in my store Late August, early September.
I also used the foam for Verda's shoulder armor as well. This is an image of one of the shoulder pieces in process. I will post on her costume and photo shoot later in October.


Visit www.LilyMairi.com for some of the final images from the Tirith series and follow my blog, like my Facebook page, bookmark my website, follow me on Instagram @LilyMairi and Pinterest to keep up with the news on my photo book publishing, Elves of the Woodland Realm. 



No comments:

Post a Comment