Fire In the Soul

Fire In the Soul
"Fire In the Soul" From the Merka series in The Elves of the Woodland Realm

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

First Sculpture Ever

Now that things have sort of settled from the move. I am going to hopefully keep up with this blog thing.

I have been wanting to do a post about my first sculpture piece. many of you may know that I love the woods. I am a forest nymph at heart. I love moss and bark and twigs and the sort.
This piece, untitled as of yet, was inspired by a my love of the woodland things.

Here is some of the process. It took me a long time as I have had no formal training and I was just kind of winging it.





She is a paper mache, wood and L200 foam base frame, sculpted with air dry paper clay then painted with acrylic paint. I did not use any sort of mold for this sculpture. It is sculpted by hand.











I'll be posting some of my older work sometime. I have some 3D wall pieces and some mixed media wall pieces I'd like to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment