Fire In the Soul

Fire In the Soul
"Fire In the Soul" From the Merka series in The Elves of the Woodland Realm

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Wood Nymph



I had an idea for a wood nymph. I wanted her to be somewhat like a protector. I wanted her fierce, but kind. I wanted autumn colors; browns, golds, dark olive greens, coppers and so on. 


I had a bunch of scrap fabrics, some salvage, so just left over from other projects, that I wanted to use. 1. I wanted to get them out of my stash of fabrics, and 2. I knew I only had enough to do one outfit in a smaller size. So, child size it was. 


I went shopping for a base dress that was well worn, as that was the look I was going for. I found a Justice dress in the size I needed for my model and went to work draping and pinning, hand stitching and gathering. 
This was the outcome of that idea.






                                                

I also wanted to not cover her hair completely in a head dress so I created these "hair extensions" but in lieu of hair it is moss and flowers. They have wig clips to hold them in place on the thinnest head of hair. 

 
 All in all I think it was a successful shoot. I even got my daughter to help me with reflectors. 

Original unedited image in the series, first images in this post.




No comments:

Post a Comment