Fire In the Soul

Fire In the Soul
"Fire In the Soul" From the Merka series in The Elves of the Woodland Realm

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Bridal Guide Magazine & Wedding Trends

I was contacted by Bridal Guide Magazine in October of last year. They wanted to see some of my pieces to see if they would work for their March/April 2015 issue. Which was going to be new and different wedding ideas as the unconventional wedding is a trend for 2015. I received the final images of my piece that was chosen and the cover of the issue. I as super excited about it.


It isn't a big feature. But the idea that they liked my stuff and actually chose something of mint to use was just amazing to me. I know my clients have really enjoyed their handmade one of a kind pieces since I receive Etsy shop reviews like:

This headpiece exceeded my expectations. The artistry, color, and craftsmanship is exceptional. The designer went out of her way to custom make this item to meet my timeline. It arrived quickly and in perfect condition. I recommend this shop for anyone wishing to purchase stunning, custom headpieces. -Bobbie

Words like these just get to me. I am so grateful for my success. I never expected for anyone to notice my work. Apparently, it is getting noticed even in the UK. I am possibly going to be featured in a new online magazine by Wedding Planning Guilds- UK called Weddings, What's What. I will write about that later.

In the mean time, for those that are getting married this year and want something unique and off-beat, www.LilyMairi.com can offer custom head pieces, hair combs and clips, boutonnieres, centerpieces and more. All made to order for you. I recently did these pieces for a steampunk wedding in Canada.

The genres I like to work in are steampunk, neo-Victorian, woodland/fantasy, fairy tales and tribal fusion/bohemian.  Besides the trend with themes there are always color trends every season. This spring the Pantone colors are split into 2 choices, light/airy and aged/vintage-y, with Aquamarine being the top color choice.


I noticed when I was at this last bridal show that several brides I spoke with are going almost pastel if they weren't doing an unconventional themed wedding. Misty colors such as mint, soft grey, light aqua or lavender. If they were doing a themed wedding they would be going with navy blue, tangerine, and plum. Either way, it is nice to be seeing some new colors in the mix and that people want creative weddings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment