Fire In the Soul

Fire In the Soul
"Fire In the Soul" From the Merka series in The Elves of the Woodland Realm

Monday, January 26, 2015

Camera Upgrade

I have been wanting to upgrade my camera for the longest time. I really want to dive more into fine art fantasy portraiture. In order to do so my 9 year old Nikon D40x needed to be put to pasture. Yes, it is a fabulous camera and I will be keeping it for backup. However, the technology has come a long way and I need something that can capture crazy detail, I like to be able to count eyelashes.
I talked with my photographer friends, some pros and some amateurs, and decided to stick with Nikon. The consensus was that I needed to go with a camera that gave me what I wanted but could also afford. I went with the Nikon D610.


When I recieved it I was thrilled! I could use my existing lenses, it has video (not that I do video but just in case I decide to do YouTube videos or something) and I was fairly familiar with the menu set up. However, even with that I still feel like I am learning all over again! 


Like my other camera, it will take me some time to figure it out. But I am super happy with it so far and I love using it with my 50mm lens. 




I just need to find some more models and time to create! 



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new camera. ♥ Your images are incredible; I can't wait to see what you do with your new hardware!

    ReplyDelete